2 courses per year
11 ATT Squadron, Instow
To enable vehicle mechanics to maintain waterproofed equipment and carry out recovery tasks in the amphibious environment.
NOTE: Waterproofing is only taught on vehicles in service with the RM.
- Day 1 – Waterproofing requirements; theory and principals; practical ramp driver training in controlled “deep water” environment (Dip Training Tank)
- Day 2 – Practical instruction on Waterproofed components followed by practical Waterproofing vehicles
- Day 3 – Practical fording to and from an LCU on the beach fording in 1.5 meters of water by day and dark-hours
- Day 3 – Practical de-waterproofing and post ford maintenance
- Day 4 – Stage C and D maintenance and Drowned Vehicle fault finding and diagnosis
- Day 5 – Practical Beach Recovery, examination, and end of course discussion
Vehicle mechanics gain practical experience maintaining waterproofed vehicles and equipment before, during and after an amphibious exercise/operation.
Vehicle mechanic up to the rank of SNCO