2 courses per year
11 ATT Squadron, Instow
To enable Drivers to prepare waterproofed vehicles and equipment and carry out recovery tasks in the amphibious environment.
NOTE: Waterproofing is only taught on vehicles in service with the RM.
- Day 1 – Waterproofing requirements, theory and principles, practical ramp driver training in controlled “ deep water” environment (Dip Tank Training Facility)
- Day 2 – Practical instruction on waterproofed components followed by practical waterproofing vehicles
- Day 3 – Practical fording to and from and LCU on the beach, fording in 1.5 metres of water by day and dark-hours
- Day 3 – Practical Beach Recovery, and practical tests
- Day 4 – Stage C and D maintenance, practical de-waterproofing and post ford servicing followed by an end of course discussion
Drivers gain practical experience operating waterproofed vehicles and equipment before, during and after an amphibious exercise/operation.
Drivers holding category B and C+E equivalent and current driving experience.
- Category B – Car Light Vehicle
- Category C & E – Heavy Goods Class 1