3 courses per year
To prepare WE officers for their first sea job through the study of engineering principles and their application to weapon systems.
- Weapon Engineering System Fundamentals
- Data Communications
- Combat Management Systems
- Radar – supported with laboratory lessons
- Sonar – supported with laboratory lessons
- Radio Communications –supported with laboratory lessons
- Electronic Warfare
- Electro Optics
- Above Water and Underwater Weapons
- Applied Control including Hydraulics and Pneumatics
- Group technical project resulting in a written submission and presentation
- Degree or equivalent in electrical/electronic Engineering approved by MOD(N)
- Minimum 6 weeks practical experience with weapon equipment
Proof of educational qualifications will be required on joining. In order to take this course, students must be medically fit and able to pass the Royal Navy Fitness Test.