45 weeks or less depending on start standard of students
3 courses per year
The Royal Marines School of Music, HMS NELSON
To train student instrumentalists in all musical studies with emphasis on the basic techniques required to perform on their specific instruments, in accordance with instrumental categories.
- Elements of music
- Aural perception and memory
- Sight reading
- All major and minor scales and their arpeggios
- Chromatic scales
- All dominant and diminished arpeggios
- The performance of solos
- Works of varying difficulty to show style, technique and musicianship
- Sight-reading works of reasonable difficulty
Able to play an appropriate musical instrument to at least Grade III of the Associated Board of the Royal Schools of Music standard.
Progress examinations at the end of each term (3 terms per year) and end of training.