One course per year
Defence Diving School, Horsea Island, Portsmouth
The topics covered include:
Surface Supplied diving techniques, diving supervision planning and execution, using air (50m) and oxy-helium (HeO2 constant partial pressure) breathing apparatus to 60m.
Diving training will be conducted using in-service RN constant partial pressure helium –oxygen equipment (Clearance Diving Life Support Equipment (CDLSE)), air surface supplied Open Space Diving System (OSDS) and Swimmers Air Breathing Apparatus (SABA).
- Must be selected by passing own nation Divers selection test and suitability
for Diving Course.
- Pass Divers Physical Fitness Test – 1.5 mile (2.4km) run in 10.30 min.
- 8 heaves (chin-ups), 16 dips and 40 sit-ups.
- Arrive in the UK with own nation ‘Fit to Dive Certificate’
- Minimum age to start course 19 years
- Qualified Military Air Diving Supervisor/Diver to 50 M and Health Safety Executive(HSE)/Commercial equivalent
- Qualified Military Air Diving Supervisor/ Diver to 60 M
- Qualified Military TMCC Supervisor to 7 Bar
- Formative/summative practical and written examination: Overall Criteria: Pass/Fail