Careers / Joining options
Join as an officer from school
As a Royal Navy officer you will unlock a world of unparalleled benefits and extraordinary experiences you won’t find anywhere else. Your naval career will be filled with both excitement and adventure.
Want to know more about joining as an Officer?tell me more
In the Royal Navy, leadership thrives as officers perceive challenges where others see problems, transforming them into opportunities for success. Guided by a resilient mindset, Royal Navy officers embrace these challenges, harnessing their leadership skills to inspire and lead their teams to triumph in the face of adversity.
- What you will get
- What you will need
- Clear career structure with opportunities for progression to the top in the Royal Navy
- 6 weeks of paid holiday, including bank holidays
- Additional shore leave during deployment and 2 weeks of adventurous training every year
- Starting salary of £30,000, with additional payments for time spent at sea
- Free health and dental care, as well as subsidised living costs including accommodation and meals
- World-class training leading to professional qualifications recognized by civilian and military employers
- Opportunity to participate in a variety of sports including football, rugby, tennis, judo, skydiving, kite surfing, and bobsleigh
Got a question?
Need help finding your ideal role?
Our virtual recruiter is available to answer your questions 24 hours a day