When we provide services, we want to make them easy, useful and reliable. Where services are delivered on the internet, this sometimes involves placing small amounts of information on your device, for example, computer or mobile phone. These include small files known as cookies. They cannot be used to identify you personally.
Our Cookie Information
These pieces of information are used to improve services for you through, for example:
- Enabling a service to recognise your device so you don't have to give the same information several times during one task
- Recognising that you may already have given a username and password so you don't need to do it for every web page requested
- Measuring how many people are using services, so they can be made easier to use and there's enough capacity to ensure they are fast
- Analysing anonymised data to help us understand how people interact with govt services so we can make them better
- What cookies are.
- How you can change cookie settings within your browser.
- A detailed description of all cookies we use.
- Change your cookie settings for our website
Cookies are small text files that websites save to your computer. The cookies used by our website do not contain any of your personal information, and we can't use them to find out who you are.
A cookie often includes a randomly generated number which is stored on your device. Many cookies are automatically deleted after you finish using the website.
For some really useful information about cookies you might wish to visit this website:
- Improve a users’ experience of government websites
- Measure websites’ performance: we must demonstrate value for money in the delivery of information and services.
- Support users’ sharing of information through social media.
- Measure the effectiveness of advertising campaigns that we have endorsed.
Please click on the following link, if you want to read more about
Users can make changes to the way the browser they are using manages cookies . For ease, we have provided current links to 4 of the most popular browsers:
For some really useful information about controlling cookies on a broader range of browser versions, you might wish to visit this website:
We do have cookies on the website, to find out much more about these individual cookies we use, you can click here
Your Cookie Settings
Also known as browser cookies or tracking cookies, cookies are small, often encrypted text files, located in browser directories. They are used by us to help our users navigate this website efficiently and perform certain functions. Due to their core role of enhancing or enabling usability or site processes, disabling cookies may prevent users from using certain parts of this website, particularly if you 'register' with the site. We will provide you with more detailed information during the registration process.