1 or 2 courses per year
Commando Training Centre Royal Marines
To train marines as AE3s in order that they can effectively operate in a unit as an Assault Engineer.
- Basic engineer tools and skills
- Chainsaw training
- Camp construction and structures, sanitation and concreting
- Field defences
- Water supply
- Basic boat handling
- Mine warfare and booby traps
- Cliff assault
- Passed AE aptitude
The course requires a high level of concentration and the ability to assimilate large amounts of information, as well as being physically demanding at times. A good grasp of basic mathematics is essential.
- CS30 Chainsaw maintenance and crosscutting
- Royal Yachting Association Power Boat Certificate
- City & Guilds, Basic Military Engineering