2 courses per year
Designed to enhance the skill of hand of selected personnel designated for positions in aircraft sheet metal workshops or for 1710 Sqn repair teams. The course will impart a detailed knowledge of up-to-date techniques and of the materials used in Aircraft Airframe Repairs.
The following aspects are comprehensively covered during the course:
- Interpretation of complex drawings
- Manufacture of airframe components
- Manufacture of double curvatures, using ‘wheeling techniques’ and washed out flanges
- Use of specified fasteners and practical repair work
- Heat treatments of aircraft alloys
- Production of a forming tool
- Assembly of manufactured aircraft components
Qualified Aircraft Technician /Sheet Metal Worker.
Exams and Qualifications
On completion of the course, the student will have the necessary knowledge and confidence to carry out advanced aircraft sheet metal repairs.