24th July 2021 Crownhill Fort Open Day
On Saturday 24th July 2021, 1100-1300, Crownhill Fort will be holding an open day
The day will include:
- A guided walk around the NE rampart.
- Firing of a 2 inch field gun on the Parade Ground.
- A display of small arms from 1860 to 1950. Visitors will have the opportunity to fire a Martini Henry rifle for £5 at the end of the demonstration.
- The newly refurbished Detention Room will be open.
- The event will close with firing of a 32 pounder cannon.
- 12 acres of grounds will be open
- The museums, complete with exhibits from the late 19th and mid 20th centuries, will be open although numbers may be restricted at busy times
To book your tickets and for more information please visit: What's on at the Fort | The Landmark Trust Covid measures will be in place to protect visitors. This will involve restricted numbers for indoor activities and the areas below ground won't be open.