Mind Kind: Mental Health and Forces Families

Author
FPS Digital
Digital Media
  • Total Posts : 10
2020/07/02 10:42:22 (permalink)

Mind Kind: Mental Health and Forces Families

This week, BFBS launched Mind Kind, supported by military mental health experts, charities and champions, dedicated to supporting forces families with their mental health. 

Mind Kind is a series of interviews, videos, case studies, practical tips and information on mental health and forces families across BFBS Radio, Forces News, social channels and at https://www.forces.net/mindkind

WO1 (SEAC) Glenn Haughton OBE, Senior Enlisted Advisor to the Chiefs of Staff Committee and Armed Forces Mental Health and Wellbeing Champion, says: 
“The armed forces simply wouldn’t be able to do the job they do for our country without the amazing support and resilience they receive from their families. That’s why mental health care for armed forces families is a cause very close to my heart – and an area where we need to do more. There is support out there, but all too often the people who need it aren’t aware of it. I’m very happy to be involved with Mind Kind and I hope it will be the first step in driving many more conversations and action around helping forces families with the mental health issues they face.” 

The week will culminate in an interactive session on BFBS Radio Facebook on Friday 3rd July at 1pm (UKT) with forces families, mental health experts and welfare champions from the Ministry of Defence on the panel.  

0 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:
    © 2020 APG vNext Trial Version 5.5