BFPO Service Update 25 June 2020
The current situation across the BFPO world-wide mail distribution network is that mail routes to Cape Verde, Mali, Nepal, Rwanda, Saudi Arabia (Not Riyadh) and Tunisia remain suspended and commercial restrictions to Nepal are anticipated to be extended until at least 31 July 2020
BFPO customers should not expect a return to pre-COVID-19 service levels and in most locations service frequencies will remain inconsistent for a number of months. For those locations yet to be reconnected with BFPO mail services please be assured that BFPO are continuing to monitor the commercial world-wide mail conveyance network and will exploit all available outlets, where possible.
Due to the ongoing uncertainty, at this time, BFPO customers are still strongly advised to:
- not to place ’on line shopping’ orders or post mail destined for delivery via the BFPO system to any of the countries listed as ‘service suspended’ until further notice
- customers should expect delays and mail which is unable to be moved forward will be securely stored at BFPO Northolt until an outlet becomes available
- overseas customers who have been repatriated to UK should not continue to use overseas BFPO numbers to facilitate ‘on line’ shopping
- customers in Brunei are reminded that mail items containing liquids/creams will not be forwarded via current commercial outlets
- customers are reminded that BFPO do not offer a guaranteed timed service and hold no liability for items which are perishable, out of date or unusable at the point of receipt.
For full details of BFPO services and latest updates go to the BFPO section
of the GOV.UK website