Access to Dental Practices in England Update
In England, some routine dental treatments are now available again.
Changes have been made to keep you and the dental care team safe.
If you are told to visit your dentist, you may notice some changes have been made to keep you and your dental team safe.
- Your practice will look different as it observes social distancing and hygiene rules.
- The dental team may also be wearing different protective equipment to what you are used to seeing.
- The range of treatments you will be offered may be different to what you received previously.
- Treatments offered may vary from practice to practice.
- This will depend on the staff and equipment available at the time and is to ensure your safety and that of the dental team.
Contact your dentist by phone or email.
Only visit if you’ve been told to.
If you think you need urgent dental treatment, do not go to a dentist.
They can give you advice, help you contact an urgent dental service or arrange treatment if needed.
Do not contact a GP.
They cannot provide dental treatment.