Hot!Royal British Legion Industries - LifeWorks Programme in Portsmouth

Author
FPS Digital
Digital Media
  • Total Posts : 8
2020/02/26 20:14:13 (permalink)

Royal British Legion Industries - LifeWorks Programme in Portsmouth

Royal British Legion Industries’ LifeWorks Families programme provides leading employability support to spouses, partners and other dependants of currently serving personnel and veterans in  the UK and overseas.

The programme was developed by ex-servicemen and women who have a direct experience of the challenges faced by military families and has supported more than 1,500 beneficiaries since its 2014 inception.

Last week, RBLI delivered a successful course at the Phoenix Naval Community Resource Centre in Portsmouth to a group of beneficiaries, starting them on their journey towards rewarding and sustained employment.

Natasha said, This course was really good, it’s really helped to know what to include on a CV and covering letter. A must for any military wife looking to return to work or a confidence boost in this area”.

The 3-day course is zero cost to participants and takes place within school hours 09:30-14:30 Tuesday – Thursday. All courses are delivered by the charity’s qualified coaches and cover all aspects of looking for and moving into work.

Helen explained, “Claire was brilliant very relatable and got then information across in a succinct and engaging way. The best word I can use to describe how I feel after completing this course is empowered!”

The LifeWorks Families programme covers all aspects of employability, CV writing, different types of interviews, interview techniques including questions you might get asked or can ask, completing application forms, how to search for a job, coaching for change as well as unhelpful thinking patterns. We can also provide FREE access to Occupational Psychologists who can provide vocational assessments and further career direction guidance.

Hannah said, The course was really helpful to get me ready to start applying for work. I now feel confident to follow my passion in conversation and to “Go for it” rather than find an office job. I definitely feel empowered to make MY choice, rather than find a job I could just walk into and be bored.” 

In addition to all of this, the programme includes lifelong reach back support available from our coaches and Vocational Assessors.

We will be returning to Portsmouth, and other locations across the UK, so If you are a member of a military family and are in need of employment support visit our site here.

Contact info:
Phone: 0800 319 6844, or Email: lifeworks@rbli.co.uk 

0 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:
    © 2020 APG vNext Trial Version 5.5