Hot!Medical history

Author
Joshuacam
  • Total Posts : 0
2017/04/08 20:19:59 (permalink)

Medical history

I'm 23 years old. im motivated and wishful to have a career in the navy. but i have self harmed in the past.

i was wondering what the process (if any) would be if i was to be eligible for the navy.

Thanks.

3 Replies Related Threads

CNRecruiting
    Administrator
    • Total Posts : 86
    Re: Medical history 2017/04/09 16:13:17 (permalink)
    Definitive medical advice can only be given by a qualified service medical examiner, once in possession of your fuller medical history.

In order to manage realistic aspirations, as you may expect, a history of self harm can influence the decision with regard suitability for service due to the duty of care regarding the wellbeing of the individual expected to work under extreme duress in an operational environment and indeed those who may need to rely upon them for their own wellbeing as part of an effective, cohesive fighting force. The rough rule of thumb is the individual needs to be several years clear of any remedial treatment and a history of repeat incidences indicate a significantly higher likelihood of future recurrence - beyond that, all we can advise is each person is individually evaluated on a case by case basis.

Best of luck.
    Joshuacam
    • Total Posts : 0
    Re: Medical history 2017/04/17 02:10:44 (permalink)
    Thank you for your reply. This incident happened 3 years ago due to certain circumstances and I have since bettered myself and my life. The incident is in my medical records but I was not diagnosed with any condition or on medication it was a one time thing.
    CNRecruiting
    Administrator
    • Total Posts : 86
    Re: Medical history 2017/04/17 10:02:26 (permalink)
    Best bet is to apply and see what happens at the medical examination.

Fingers-crossed, all goes well. Good luck.
    Jump to: