AnsweredHot!Welcome to the Royal Navy and Royal Marines Recruiting Forums

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Author
Hakary
  • Total Posts : 0
Re: Welcome to the Royal Navy and Royal Marines Recruiting Forums 2017/05/11 20:24:10 (permalink)
I'm hakary I live London
CNRecruiting
Administrator
  • Total Posts : 86
Re: Welcome to the Royal Navy and Royal Marines Recruiting Forums 2017/05/12 05:47:10 (permalink)
Hakary
I'm hakary I live London

Hello Hakary, if you would like to discuss career options in the Royal Navy just give us a call: 03456 07 55 55.
timenebrice
Re: Welcome to the Royal Navy and Royal Marines Recruiting Forums 2017/05/22 20:49:35 (permalink)
Hi sir
Timene a marine professional study in cameroon and singapore
Please sir since l received mail from the naval team for my next step
So am trying everyday to be touched we officer in charge of documents
Mr Gary Johnson
Am a overseas candidate from Cameroon

Thanks
CNRecruiting
Administrator
Re: Welcome to the Royal Navy and Royal Marines Recruiting Forums 2017/05/23 19:23:17 (permalink)
timenebrice
Hi sir
Timene a marine professional study in cameroon and singapore
Please sir since l received mail from the naval team for my next step
So am trying everyday to be touched we officer in charge of documents
Mr Gary Johnson
Am a overseas candidate from Cameroon

Thanks

You are advised that the overseas desk is exceptionally busy and we can only apologise for the delay in responses. Once an overseas application is completed and submitted, all communications will be via the overseas desk and usually be by email. We cannot discuss individual applications on social media due to data protection legislation.
LTNNavyrecruit
Re: Welcome to the Royal Navy and Royal Marines Recruiting Forums 2017/05/27 17:03:58 (permalink)
I am thinking of joining as a submariner officer after finishing my degree, how long can you expect to be deployed at sea and what are your roles when not at sea.

Cheers
Neluxsan
Re: Welcome to the Royal Navy and Royal Marines Recruiting Forums 2017/05/28 18:06:25 (permalink)
Good Afternoon,

My name is Neluxsan and I am 16 years old. I am looking to join the Royal Marines Commando Royal Marines Reserve. I was born in Germany and I was brought up in London (since I was 8 years old). I am currently doing my GCSEs. I think I am legible to join, but could you confirm that for me?

I looked at the 'Role Glance' and saw that Royal Marines Reserve need GCSE whereas Royal Marines Commando don't, but they both do the same job apart one from being part-time. I am just curious to know, why qualification is needed for Reserve but not for Commando. Do they do slightly-varied job?

Also, I want to become part of the SAS. SAS doesn't recruit civilians, only members of the armed forces. Therefore, I just want to confirm that if I join the Royal Marines Reserve, would I be able to apply to the SAS and after how many months/years of service would I be able to?

Also could you explain what we do in our basic training for Royal Marines Reserve, please?

Thank you for taking your time to read and really sorry that I have so many questions to ask
CNRecruiting
Administrator
Re: Welcome to the Royal Navy and Royal Marines Recruiting Forums 2017/05/29 08:08:18 (permalink)
Neluxsan
Good Afternoon,

My name is Neluxsan and I am 16 years old. I am looking to join the Royal Marines Commando Royal Marines Reserve. I was born in Germany and I was brought up in London (since I was 8 years old). I am currently doing my GCSEs. I think I am legible to join, but could you confirm that for me?

I looked at the 'Role Glance' and saw that Royal Marines Reserve need GCSE whereas Royal Marines Commando don't, but they both do the same job apart one from being part-time. I am just curious to know, why qualification is needed for Reserve but not for Commando. Do they do slightly-varied job?

Also, I want to become part of the SAS. SAS doesn't recruit civilians, only members of the armed forces. Therefore, I just want to confirm that if I join the Royal Marines Reserve, would I be able to apply to the SAS and after how many months/years of service would I be able to?

Also could you explain what we do in our basic training for Royal Marines Reserve, please?

Thank you for taking your time to read and really sorry that I have so many questions to ask

Hello Neluxsan. Applicants must hold a British, Irish, Maltese or Cypriot passport in order to join the Royal Navy irrespective of residency.

Commonwealth passport holders must also have five years UK residency prior to meeting the eligibility criteria to apply.

The are no educational entry requirements for Royal Marines Other Ranks (RMOR), regular or Reserve however about 40% of RMOR are educationally qualified for Officer entry. RM Officers require 5 GCSE's and 72 UCAS points at A Level standard. It is not possible to join the RMR as an Officer initially. In short there is no difference to the academic requirement for entry into the Royal Marines or Royal Marines Reserve - if you can post a link to the anomally, we will look into it further and correct any errors, if applicable.

Once trained RMR trained ranks may apply to join UK Special Forces (Reserve), usually either SAS(R) or SBS(R). Those wishing to join the regular UK Special Forces would need to first join the regular service under current guidelines. 

RMR recruit training pretty much mirrors the regular service 32 week training package, mostly undertaken during weekends and weekday evenings over a period of about 12-14 months, culminating in a two week Reserve Forces Commando Course and a two week Live Firings exercise.

CNRecruiting
Administrator
Re: Welcome to the Royal Navy and Royal Marines Recruiting Forums 2017/05/29 08:14:56 (permalink)
LTNNavyrecruit
I am thinking of joining as a submariner officer after finishing my degree, how long can you expect to be deployed at sea and what are your roles when not at sea.

Cheers

The average patrol is between around 11 to 16 weeks on average depending on type of boat and unit tasking. Longer deployments do happen but less frequently. When not on patrol, submariners are accommodated shoreside and either officers generally manage the manpower and upkeep of its equipment and provisions of their boat or they can be employed in training or support roles ashore. By all means call us on 03456 07 55 55 to find out more.
Neluxsan
Re: Welcome to the Royal Navy and Royal Marines Recruiting Forums 2017/05/29 10:33:02 (permalink)
Here is a fitness plan, I found on your website...
http://www.royalnavy.mod.uk/-/media/careers-section-redesign/get-fit-to-join/plans/royal-marines-training-plan.pdf

On Week 1 Tuesday, it says Run for 2 miles 10mm. What does mm mean?
CNRecruiting
Administrator
Re: Welcome to the Royal Navy and Royal Marines Recruiting Forums 2017/05/29 10:42:41 (permalink)
mm = minute mile.
Aamir12345
Re: Welcome to the Royal Navy and Royal Marines Recruiting Forums 2017/06/20 12:57:51 (permalink)
Hello i am from india ...i alredy sing in this site. . But i dont know how do join this navy ..can u cantact me on my email id
CNRecruiting
Administrator
Re: Welcome to the Royal Navy and Royal Marines Recruiting Forums 2017/06/20 20:22:32 (permalink)
Aamir12345
Hello i am from india ...i alredy sing in this site. . But i dont know how do join this navy ..can u cantact me on my email id
Hello, if you are living in UK just call us on 03456 07 55 55.

Applicants who hold a Commonwealth passport but not a British, Irish, Maltese or Cypriot passport must have lived in UK for 5 years before eligible to apply to join the Roayl Navy.
LaurenMcintee
Re: Welcome to the Royal Navy and Royal Marines Recruiting Forums 2017/10/14 13:08:00 (permalink)
Hello, I've recently found out that I have a slight sensitivity to gluten and have been told to stay away from bread and pasta, I was wondering if this would affect joining (specifically the commandos) since I am able to eat everything else even if it's been in contact with gluten. Also, if possible could anyone tell me what it's like for woman in the commandos since I can't really find anything on it and I'm a few months away from the joing age.

Kind regards,

Lauren
LaurenMcintee
Re: Welcome to the Royal Navy and Royal Marines Recruiting Forums 2017/10/14 13:08:01 (permalink)
Hello, I've recently found out that I have a slight sensitivity to gluten and have been told to stay away from bread and pasta, I was wondering if this would affect joining (specifically the commandos) since I am able to eat everything else even if it's been in contact with gluten. Also, if possible could anyone tell me what it's like for woman in the commandos since I can't really find anything on it and I'm a few months away from the joing age.

Kind regards,

Lauren
Tazzy201092
  • Total Posts : 3
Re: Welcome to the Royal Navy and Royal Marines Recruiting Forums 2017/11/14 22:42:40 (permalink)
Hi there I am joining the navy as a weapons engineer in 2019 after uni my family has 5 generation in the navy army and air force all at letenent or seargent rank could anyone tell me what to expect from my futur role as I can not wait to enlist 

Many thanks 

Mark  ( tazzy) scott 
Deanseals
Re: Welcome to the Royal Navy and Royal Marines Recruiting Forums 2017/11/15 12:35:30 (permalink)
Hi There.
My Medical paperwork has finally been signed off and I was just wondering if anyone could help me with what the next step is and how long I can expect to make the next step. I am applying from South Africa.

Many Thanks
Dean
Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Jump to: