Accelerated Apprentice Scheme
If you’re passionate about engineering, and want to do most of your learning on the job, joining the Royal Navy on an Accelerated Apprentice Scheme is your opportunity to get ahead.
You can choose marine, weapon or air engineering, getting your hands on some incredible kit from the day you start. You’ll be embarking on one of the world’s top apprenticeship schemes, joining as a Leading Hand, which is two ranks higher than other Engineering Technicians entering the Service.
You’ll be offered an 11-year career, with the option to apply for an extension up to 20 years. Depending on the discipline you choose, you’ll be the person who keeps our ships moving, our weapons fully operational, or our aircraft in the sky. It’s a job that comes with real responsibility, which is why we give you all the training you need, and the opportunity to gain qualifications that will see you develop into a world-class engineer.
Qualifications and age
- You need to be aged 17-25 on entry
- Three GCSEs or equivalent at grade C or better, (grade 4 or better after 2017) including maths, English language and at least one science
- A National Qualifications Framework Level 3 Diploma (120 credit) in Aeronautical, Mechanical or Electrical Engineering, with a minimum grade of ‘Merit’
Pay and benefits
FIND YOUR ENGINEERING ROLE
- Starting salary of £31,100 rising to over £48,000 as your career progresses
- Six weeks of paid holiday every year
- Free medical and dental care
- Adventurous training opportunities and access to superb sports facilities
- One of the best pensions available
- Free EngTech and IEng registration