Being a Warfare Specialist in the Royal Navy means you’re the person who identifies our targets, and our threats. Whether working in the Operations Room or on the ship’s Weapon Systems you will be the heartbeat of the war-fighting effort. This job comes with serious responsibility, get it wrong and the ship could sustain damage, get it right and the enemy is defeated.
- Act as the eyes and ears of the ship. You’ll work with our most advanced war-fighting equipment on a daily basis, providing information that influences major tactical decisions.
- Specialise in above-water, underwater or electronic warfare, developing the unique skills needed to operate safely in some of the most challenging environments on the planet.
- Be an essential part of each mission, using your knowledge of war-fighting techniques to support the Command. That might mean detecting and reporting contacts, or passing vital information to other vessels.
- Become a highly professional sailor, getting hands-on with some sophisticated equipment to provide mission critical information on the surface, under the sea and in the air.
Why Work For Us?
Qualifications you’ll gain:
- Study for GCSEs, A-Levels, NVQs or a degree
- Gain specialist vocational qualifications as your career progresses
- You don’t require any qualifications; we will train you both professionally and develop you personally
- You must be aged 16 – 39
- You need to be a minimum height of 151.5cm and within the healthy range for Body Mass Index (BMI)
- You must be a British or Dual National, a Commonwealth citizen who has lived in the UK continuously for the 5 years prior to applying
Skills and interests:
- An ability to thrive in high-pressure situations; we will teach you to thrive in a high-pressure situation
- A passion for life at sea
- A real sense of adventure, with a high level of physical and mental fitness