Naval Personal and Family Service (NPFS) supports Royal Navy, Royal Marines personnel and their families in peacetime and war by helping prevent or reduce the effects of personal difficulties, especially those which arise as a result of Service life, in order to optimise the military capability of the Serviceman or woman.
Naval Personal and Family Service
A Naval family has to cope with more pressures than most in civilian life. Separation from a spouse or partner for one reason, military action and danger for another. NPFS are on hand to help Service personnel and their families if needed.
What can I expect from NPFS ?
• A confidential service (subject to civil and military law) - NPFS and RMW Confidentiality Code
• An aim to alleviate the effects of the stresses of naval life on individuals and their families by working in partnership with those involved (including the Command, supporting agencies, medical services and the Chaplaincy) to meet the RN/RM’s requirements for an efficient and effective service.
• A commitment to deliver a timely, high quality non-discriminatory service. In support of continuous improvement we aim for consistency and quality, actively seeking comments, compliments and complaints on our service.
• A comprehensive assessment of need.
What NPFS Offers
• A comprehensive social work service to Royal Navy and Royal Marines personnel and their families.
• A professional service to the Royal Navy and Royal Marines Executive and Divisional / Regimental system.
• A link between the service person and their family in times of difficulty.
• A proactive Community service.
• Fully Moderated Community Forums.
Services provided by NPFS
We offer direct, or in conjunction with other agencies, advice, counseling, support (practical or emotional), advocacy on behalf of clients.
These services are available to individuals, couples or families and whilst this list is by no means exhaustive it includes:
• Relationship problems
• Debt Advice
• Child Care concerns
• Mental Health
• Special Needs
• NOK Support for Deployed Personnel
• Physical Illness
• Pregnancy complications
HMS Ledbury has just completed a visit to the Albanian...
A duo from HMS Collingwood are undertaking the Moonlit Memories...
The Hunt Class Mine Countermeasures Vessel (MCMV) HMS Brocklesby will...
On Tuesday 18 June HMS Collingwood, Fareham held a commemorative...
The featured jobs are available now
Explore Opportunities Engineering Technician (Marine Engineering)More info
Explore Opportunities Royal Marines OfficerMore info
Explore Opportunities Engineering Technician (Marine Submariner)More info
Explore Opportunities Royal Marines CommandoMore info
Explore Opportunities Engineering Technician (Weapon Engineering)More info
Explore Opportunities Naval Nurse (Qualified)More info
Explore Opportunities Engineering Technician (Weapons Submariner)More info